In this blog I explain how to design and stitch a frock for a 3 years girl baby. I used cotton material for this summer to feel comfortable. This stylish dress is easy to understand and practice. Here I have given step by step explanation and video in Tamil.
Martial quantity: 1.5 Meters
Age: 3 Years
Dress height: 24’
Top height: 8’ – 1’ to stitch
Bottom height: 16’ – 1’ to stitch
body circumference: 22 / 4 => 5. 1/4 – 1.1/4’ to stitch
Neck deep: 2.5’
Top part cutting:
Fold Fabric/paper into 4 like shown in the image: width 6 ½’ and height 9’
Mark neck, shoulder, and armhole
Cut fabric for frills and rope to tie.
Bottom part cutting:
Fold the fabric into 4 and then fold it in a cross (like a cone)
I joined 3 sheets (A1 size sheets)
From the corner of the cone mark 4 ½’ for hip: Used extra size to add frills.
From the hip mark 17’ height (16’ + 1’ to stitch)
Lining hip size: 2 ½’
Lining height: 13’
Top part Stitching:
1. Join top part lining and the main material
2. Join side, Armhole and Neck left shoulder and bottom
3. Do small edge cutting in armhole and neck to make it perfect when we turn the fabric.
4. Turn one part
5. Cut another part into two from neck to till the end (this to add zip)
6. Join should like how I mentioned in the video (this is little difficult to explain in words)
7. Stitch each corner of the fabric.
8. Take the piece of cloth to add frills at the top.
9. Fold and stitch both corners or do zig zag.
10. Add frills in the top part (make sure to keep it in the center of the shoulder)
11. Join rope
Bottom part stitching:
12. Fold the bottom corner and stitch or do zig-zag the bottom corner.
13. Add small frills and make sure to keep the width of 23’ to stitch.
14. Attach lining
15. Join tap and bottom
16. Add zip: mentioned details in the video (this is little difficult to explain in words)
Add finally the dress will be